NCG, Inc (Trumbull, CT) is committed to the growth of their clients throughout Connecticut. Over the past five years, they have increased market share for some of the most well-known companies around the country and continue to help their employees reach professional success. Every year, industry professionals from coast to coast get together to kick off a new year of exciting results!
This weekend, January 26-29th, the President of NCG, Inc Jolene Foor, is taking one of her pillar employees, Gabby, to this event for the first time!
“I have heard that this is the most exciting conference so I can’t wait to see what I can learn and what lies ahead for my career!” says Gabby.
The goal of this event is for clients to be able to clearly define their goals, measurements, and targets as well as celebrate the successes from the previous year. Attendees like Gabby and Jolene will be able to learn from other professionals about best practices and how to increase their effectiveness in the upcoming year. The most exciting part of the weekend is the black tie event on Saturday night where huge bonuses and awards are given out. Gabby told us she plans on wearing a long, formal black dress to the big night! We can’t wait to see the NCG, Inc ladies all glammed up for the show.
Jolene and Gabby will be arriving in Austin, Texas for the event on Thursday to give them some extra time to sightsee before the action-packed weekend.
“Jolene is more than a boss, but a friend as well. Not only does she help me prepare for the trip but we will have fun as well,” said Gabby.
Meetings with clients will get underway on Friday afternoon followed by a welcome mixer for attendees to hang out and meet one another. Saturday is jam-packed with high-energy seminars, peer learning groups as well as the long awaited for awards dinner and show. It will be a weekend to remember for sure! Be sure to follow NCG, Inc on Twitter for all the updates and photos to follow.
Northeast Consulting Group, Inc is more that just a marketing firm. We understand the importance of networking and making the right connections. It is one of the core fundamental things we teach our people throughout the time they spend in the Account Manager position. So when we saw this article about building the right relationships on http://www.under30ceo.com it really caught our eye and we decided to share it with you.
Everyone has heard of the saying, “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.” But, in reality it isn’t just that. It’s what you know, how you know it, and what you plan to do about those things. Who you know just gives you the opportunity to exemplify those things. Connections will always help you advance the course of your success whether you are in entrepreneur, a young professional, or just trying to climb the corporate ladder. This article covered 5 ways to increase the network of people you know and build the right relationships with them.
5 Tips to Building Relationships that Matter:
1. Strengthen your current positive relationships:
- Look for people that are always giving you good feedback. The business contacts that are not afraid tot ell you the truth, offer you wisdom, and give you great, specific feedback. There are not just the people you like to have beers and conversation with and not just the people who are nice to you. Expand your boundaries farther than where you’re comfortable and get to know and building stronger relationships with your coaches.
2. Move away from the negative:
- Negative doesn’t mean critical. Moving away from the negative means getting yourself away from people who are negative for no reason, offer no critical input after being negative. These are people who always have a “dark cloud” following them.
3. Use your time to meet new people:
- Invest the time you gain from kicking “Eeyores” to the curb to build new positive relationships. You won’t know the value of a new relationship until it begins to grow, so don’t sell anyone short. Just be open minded and listen to what they have to say. People may surprise you!
4. Find out who is doing well and where you want to be:
- You are who you surround yourself with. There is a statistic that shows your income is the average of your 10 best friends. So, do what it takes to give yourself an opportunity to receive advice from someone who is in a position that you want to be in. Follow their lead, they’ve done it, right?
5. Be sure to have, or develop new ideas:
- successful people will be willing to share information with someone who is engaging, competent, and legitimately curious. But, they will not tell you everything. You don’t want to be them, you want to be you. But, the information and skill sets that they have can help you create a better version of you.
This article really hits home about building the right kind of positive relationships to make yourself more successful in the business world. Although it is important to have connects and relationships with people, it is more important to have the right ones. Successful people spend time and give advice to other successful people or to people who seem like they could be. Whether you’re experienced in the business world or a young professional looking to get your foot in the door and start a career. Focus on who you talk to and remember that a relationship doesn’t have to be permanent to be meaningful.
Northeast Consulting Group, Inc is a privately owned firm that specializes in direct marketing, brand building, public relations, and consulting in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Our company is committed to giving our people a predictable career path that leads to an opportunity in management within our company. To learn more about us and the positions we have available, visit our website: http://www.ncginc.biz