Mornings aren’t easy for everyone. However, how we spend our first waking hours dictates how the rest of the day will play out. Getting into a morning routine is a great way to ensure a smooth morning and productive and happy day every day!
- Stretch. Stretching first thing in the morning is a great way to wake up your mind and body. You’ll get your blood flowing to your brain, stretch out stiff muscles and shake off any lingering sleepiness. Plus, you’ll start off your day in a great mood!
- Shower. There’s nothing like starting the day with that fresh and clean feeling. Hop in the shower to wake up and get cleaned up for the day.
- Get dressed. Get dressed with a purpose! Don’t just slap something on and run out the door. Pick out pieces that make you feel great. When you’re comfortable and you know you look good, you’re going to feel good! You’ll feel confident and will perform at your best all day.
- Have breakfast. Sit down for a good, wholesome breakfast. Don’t scarf something down while rushing to get other things done. Enjoy your food and morning coffee. Take time to think and get centered for the day.
- Plan the day. Plan out your day by making a list of things that need to get done. Keep it short, focused and simple. Prioritize your goals and make plans for accomplishing each task.
- Get motivated. The most critical part of how your day is going to turn out is dependent on your mindset! If you’re dreading the day ahead and have a crappy attitude, you’re probably going to have a crappy day. If you feel excited for the day and have a positive outlook, you’re probably going to have a fabulous day! It’s your choice!