At NCG, Inc in Trumbull, CT, like millions of other people, we are looking ahead to 2017! Christmas is over, and with the new year just days away, the countdown has officially begun! We are committed to our clients and our employees more than ever, and we’re ready for a huge a year. As we are setting our goals for the up and coming year, we have decided to share with you some of our best practices for achieving your New Year’s Resolutions for once!
- Choose something that really motivates you – The reason most people don’t follow through with their New Year’s Resolutions is because they don’t choose something that they truly care about. We mean absolutely-100%-no-ifs-ands-or-buts. Usually, people choose something that they’d like but are not necessarily committed to. To ensure that you follow through on your resolution this year, choose a goal that you’re obsessed with achieving and ditch anything you’re luke-warm about.
- Have a plan – How are you going to do it? Set an action plan that will literally lay out the steps to making it happen. And then follow it like a recipe! This is the biggest step that people miss when setting resolutions. We’re already planning our year at NCG, Inc, are you?
- Set checkpoints – Start from the end result and work backward, setting smaller ‘checkpoint goals’ quarterly or even monthly! This will help keep you on track to reaching your resolution at the end of the year.
- Have accountability – When you write down your goals and involve other people, the likelihood of achieving said goals, or in this case, “resolutions”, becomes much greater! Tell someone what you are working towards who will keep you in check and help you stay the course throughout the year.
- Don’t give up – It’s easy to give up on things when times get tough, and times always get tough when you are trying to change a habit. When they do, remember why you started. Remember your “why” by having little reminders all around you. Be it a vision board, a picture on the background of your computer or cell phone, a sticky note in your bathroom… whatever works best for you! But just keep reminding yourself of why you made your resolution in the first place.
At the end of the day, a New Year Resolution is simply a goal that starts on January 1st with a catchy title. These are best practices that we teach our employee all year long on how to achieve their goals. To learn more about our company and the training that is provided, be sure to connect with our NCG, Inc Facebook page.