Northeast Consulting Group, Inc. Reviews: 10 Leadership Traits That People Adore!
Northeast Consulting Group, Inc. is committed to providing specific development to our marketing teams to empower them to build upon their strengths and gain the experience and skills needed to advancing within our company. We offer a Management Development Program that is designed to help our people learn how to effectively manage a marketing campaign and lead others. So, we decided to review this article that talks about having stronger communication and focusing on specific leadership traits.
10 Leadership Traits That People Adore:
- Have a clear vision of how people’s work meets the leader’s expectations.
- Provide timely, clear, constructive feedback.
- Express appreciation and give credit where credit is due.
- Actively listen and answer questions
- Treat others with respect and kindness.
- Be consistent and fair in the treatment of others.
- Train, develop, and grow your people.
- Be willing to jump in and help out when things become difficult.
- Have an open door policy and be available.
- Support and protect your people when things go wrong.
One of the common skills that great leaders all posses is excellent communication. Each of the aforementioned traits directly relates to communication and is directly affected by the leader’s ability to communicate. Conversations play a large part in a leader’s success. If you want to improve your leadership skills and get the results you want, ask yourself a few questions:
1. How do you treat your people?
- How do my people treat me?
- For example: if you are warm and friendly, your people will probably be warm and friendly in return. On the other hand, if you are cold and blunt or if your demeanor is unpredictable, your people will likely go to great lengths to avoid you. Be approachable and consistent in dealing with others and they will reciprocate
2. Do your people understand how what they do contributes to the success of your organization?
- Don’t assume they know, even if the answer may be obvious to you. Most people do not know how what they do contributes to an organizations success. If they lack this, you’re missing out on an opportunity to increase their motivation and they most likely will not be as productive as they could be.
- Sit down with each of your people and specifically ask them if they know their impact on the organization’s success. LISTEN to their response, and be prepared to fill in the gaps.
3. Do you express appreciation for a job well done to each person on your team at least once a week?
- People need to know that they add value and make a difference. They need to be acknowledged for their efforts. It takes so little effort to say, “I noticed you did _________ and the impact was ________. Thank you!”
- Leaders often don’t realize how doing this regularly can positively impact their organization, so they don’t. Good leaders do.
4. Are you getting the results that you want?
- If not, take a look at yourself and review the clarity and specifics of the directions you are giving. If you are vague, then you are leaving the interpretation of your instructions up to your listener. If you’re not getting the results that you want and your directions were clear, then sit down with the individual and discuss the results that you want and what you can do to help improve the outcome next time.
Every leader can use improvement. Sit down and think about the leader that you adore the most. Is there anything else that you can do to mimic their leadership style? Make a plan of action to correct or improve your results! Being deliberate in your development will only improve your results!
Northeast Consulting Group, Inc. is a privately owned marketing company that specializes in public relations and brand building for our clients. Our job is to help these companies continue to grow and expand. We are committed to providing the specific training and development to help our people grow both professionally and personally and be able to advance within our company. To learn more about the career opportunities available within Northeast Consulting Group, Inc. please visit our website at Northeast Consulting Group!